EMCON Engineering & Manufacturing Show 2023: A perfect place to network
Before we get to why should you be there, here’s all the details about this year’s event:
iCOR Stand No: 45
When: Thursday, 14th September 2023
What is EMCON?
EMCON stands for “Engineering and Manufacturing Convention,”. It is an annual event that showcases the best of engineering and manufacturing in the North East region of the United Kingdom and beyond. EMCON serves as a platform for businesses in these sectors to come together, exhibit their products and services, network, and explore new opportunities for collaboration and growth.
EMCON focuses on fostering connections and collaboration within the manufacturing and engineering community. It has become a prominent event in the calendar for professionals in these sectors, known for delivering success stories and facilitating partnerships year after year.
Different zones at EMCON
- Skills Zone: Discover opportunities for workforce development, recruitment, and upskilling. Engage with 26 exhibitors from both public and private sectors who are dedicated to supporting your workforce needs.
- Energy Zone (we’ll be here – stand 45): Dive into the world of energy efficiency and sustainability. Meet 11 exhibitors offering solutions to reduce energy costs and contribute to Net Zero goals in the engineering and manufacturing sector.
- Digital Zone: Witness the transformative power of digital adoption. Ten companies, beneficiaries of the MADE Smarter program, showcase the impact and benefits of automating and digitizing processes, leading to increased productivity.
- Healthcare Zone: Explore how engineering and manufacturing are integral to healthcare innovation. Thirteen exhibitors highlight products and solutions addressing healthcare challenges, from mobility aids to innovative storage solutions.
- Meet The Buyer: Connect with approximately ten buyers seeking local suppliers and innovative solutions. This ticketed event provides valuable opportunities for businesses to showcase their offerings.
- VIP Walkaround: Join VIP tours of the main exhibition area, bringing together investors and supply chain enthusiasts. This addition highlights the engineering and manufacturing capabilities of the region.
What makes it a perfect place for North East Businesses and why should you be there?
EMCON brings together a diverse range of businesses and professionals from the engineering and manufacturing sectors. It’s an ideal place to network, make new connections, and build relationships with potential clients, partners, and suppliers.
The event celebrates excellence in engineering and manufacturing, offering a platform for businesses to showcase their products, services, and innovations. This exposure can help North East businesses gain recognition for their capabilities and expertise.
EMCON attracts visitors and exhibitors not only from the North East but also from beyond the region. This presents an opportunity for Northeast businesses to tap into new markets, expand their customer base, and explore business opportunities with companies they might not otherwise encounter.
Supply Chain Growth
For businesses looking to expand their supply chains or find new suppliers, EMCON provides a concentrated gathering of potential partners. You can identify suppliers or customers that align with your needs and objectives.
Learning and Collaboration
EMCON often features seminars, workshops, and presentations that offer valuable insights into industry trends and best practices. Attending these sessions can enhance your knowledge and help you stay competitive in your field.
Promotion and Visibility
Participating in EMCON allows North East businesses to increase their visibility in the industry. It’s a prime opportunity to promote your brand and capabilities to a targeted audience of professionals in the engineering and manufacturing sectors.
If your business is involved in cutting-edge technologies or innovations, EMCON is an excellent platform to demonstrate your latest developments and attract interest from potential investors, collaborators, or customers.
EMCON actively encourages collaboration among businesses. The event’s emphasis on creating themed zones and facilitating connections between companies with similar interests or goals can lead to new collaborative ventures.
By attending EMCON, you can gain valuable insights into market trends, customer preferences, and industry challenges. This information can be instrumental in shaping your business strategy.
In a rapidly evolving industry like engineering and manufacturing, staying informed about the latest advancements, products, and services is crucial. EMCON ensures that North East businesses remain competitive and up-to-date.
How to network effectively at EMCON?
We found an easier way to track people from your network attending – here are the steps (if you are attending, mark ‘attend‘)
- Plan Ahead: Research exhibitors and attendees in advance. Identify key people or companies you want to meet and have a plan for approaching them.
- Elevator Pitch: Prepare a concise and engaging elevator pitch about yourself or your business. Be ready to introduce yourself confidently.
- Exchange Contact Information: Carry business cards or digital contact-sharing tools to exchange information with new contacts. Don’t forget to follow up after the event.
- Attend Seminars and Workshops: Participate in sessions that interest you. It’s an excellent way to meet like-minded professionals and engage in discussions.
- Be Approachable: Smile, maintain open body language, and be approachable. Don’t hesitate to start conversations or join ongoing discussions.
- Listen Actively: While networking, listen attentively to what others have to say. Show genuine interest in their ideas and needs.
- Ask Questions: Pose relevant questions to understand the needs and challenges of others. Offering solutions or assistance can strengthen your connections.
- Follow-Up: After the event, follow up with new contacts through email or social media. Personalize your messages and express your interest in continuing the conversation.
- Engage on Social Media: Connect with attendees and exhibitors on social media platforms like LinkedIn to stay updated and expand your professional network.
- Be Patient: Effective networking takes time. Building strong relationships often requires multiple interactions and follow-ups.