All about the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
Looking to rapidly upskill your team and those who oversee operational objectives to better your environmental quotient? IEMA training may just be the answer.
Imvelo is proud to be the only provider of this IEMA Accredited Environmental Sustainability Training course in the North East. Here’s everything you need to know before you hop on your accreditation journey.
What is IEMA?
IEMA stands for Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment. IEMA was established in 1999 and has since grown to become a global organization with over 15,000 members across 100 countries. IEMA’s members come from a variety of backgrounds, including environmental management, sustainability, health and safety, and corporate responsibility.
IEMA provides professional development and training courses for its members to help them stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in environmental management. Additionally, it also offers a variety of networking opportunities and events for members to connect with each other and share knowledge.
In addition to supporting its members, IEMA also works to promote sustainable development practices more broadly. It does this through advocacy and engagement with policymakers and other stakeholders. It also provides resources and guidance to businesses and organizations looking to improve their environmental performance.
Overall, the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment is a leading voice in the environmental management field, working to advance sustainable development and promote best practices in environmental management.
Table of contents:
- What is IEMA?
- Why should your business consider investing in IEMA training?
- Who can enrol for the programs and what to expect?
- How does IEMA training help businesses?
- IEMA courses
- Is IEMA membership worth it?
Why should your business consider investing in IEMA training?
Get tools for professional development: The idea of IEMA training is to provide professionals with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills in the environmental management field like environmental assessment and management, leadership, communication, and project management.
Quicker career advancement: Through IEMA training courses and relevant certifications, professionals can demonstrate their expertise and commitment to EMS ideals, which eventually ties to higher and more efficient billings.
Compliance reporting: Here, training courses provide the knowledge and skills needed to meet requirements to declare, assess and achieve compliance with environmental regulations while managing environmental risks.
Bettering environmental performance: Implementing EMS can help organizations reduce their environmental impacts, improve efficiency, and enhance their reputation
Global recognition: IEMA is a globally recognized organization with high accreditation, which lends higher basing to brands when they demonstrate their credibility and expertise through recognised frameworks.
Overall, training pushes professionals and organizations to improve their environmental management practices, meet regulatory requirements, demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and align with their long-term environmental goals.
Who can enrol for the programs and what to expect?
IEMA programs are open to entrepreneurs interested in developing their skills and knowledge in environmental management. Their background or experience is immaterial. It ranges from professionals working in the environmental management field to individuals who are new to the field but want to learn more.
Some programs have specific prerequisites, such as prior education or work experience. Therefore, individuals should review the requirements for each program before registering.
Once enrolled in an IEMA program, individuals can access various resources and support. It provides member with online course materials, expert instructors, and networking opportunities with other professionals in the field. Upon completion of a program, individuals will receive a certificate or credential that demonstrates their expertise and commitment to environmental management.
How does IEMA training help businesses?
The programme provides a range of services to businesses to help them improve their environmental performance and sustainability
Training and education: Courses on environmental management systems, sustainability reporting, and climate change helps businesses better their risk analysis.
Consultancy and advisory services: IEMA also provides consultancy and advisory services to businesses looking to improve their environmental performance and build sustainability strategies.
Standards and guidance: IEMA develops and promotes environmental standards and guidance to understand and comply with environmental regulations and best practices. This includes guidance modules on EMA, sustainable procurement, and carbon accounting.
Networking and events: IEMA hosts networking events and conferences that bring together businesses, environmental professionals, and policymakers to share knowledge and best practices in environmental management and sustainability.
Advocacy and engagement: IEMA advocates for policies and practices that promote sustainable development and environmental protection. This includes engaging with policymakers and regulators to promote environmental legislation and providing expert input on environmental issues.
Overall, IEMA provides businesses with the resources and support they need to improve their environmental performance, reduce their environmental impact, and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability.
- Environmental Awareness: This is an introductory course that provides an overview of environmental issues and how they impact businesses and organizations. The course covers topics such as environmental legislation, energy management, and waste management.
- Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management: This course comprehensively introduces environmental management and sustainability. It covers topics such as environmental policy and legislation, environmental risk assessment, and environmental management systems.
- Certificate in Environmental Management: This course builds on the Foundation Certificate and provides a more in-depth look at environmental management practices. It covers topics such as sustainability reporting, environmental auditing, and stakeholder engagement.
- Diploma in Environmental Management: This is a more advanced course that covers topics such as climate change, sustainable procurement, and environmental impact assessment. It is designed for professionals who have a significant amount of experience in environmental management.
- Sustainability Skills for the Workplace: This is a short course that provides an introduction to sustainability concepts and how they can be applied in the workplace. It covers topics such as sustainable business models, resource efficiency, and stakeholder engagement. Imvelo is a certified provider of the Sustainability Skills for Managers course.
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Implementation: This course provides practical guidance on implementing an environmental management system in an organization. It covers topics such as setting environmental objectives, developing an EMS manual, and conducting internal audits.
- Carbon Management: This course provides an overview of carbon management and how it can be used to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It covers topics such as carbon footprinting, carbon offsetting, and carbon accounting.
These are just a few examples of the training programs available through IEMA. The organization also offers a range of other courses and certifications, including specialized courses in areas such as sustainability reporting, environmental leadership, and energy management.
Is IEMA membership worth it?