Effective energy management isn’t just good for business; it’s a mandatory business requirement.
The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is a legally required energy assessment and energy saving identification programme for large organisations (>250 staff/ turnover > £43million) throughout the UK.
Having an ISO 50001 certified Energy Management System, which covers all areas of energy consumption, including transport, can serve to satisfy the requirements of ESOS by acting as an alternative route to compliance.
ISO 50001:2011 provides a framework of requirements for organisations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy.
- Manage the risks associated with future energy supply.
- Set objectives and targets to reduce energy consumption (and associated costs).
- Reduce carbon emissions in order to meet governmental targets.
Use data collected to measure energy savings and to make informed decisions about energy use.
- Continually improve energy management.
- Enhance credibility in PQQ’s and Tenders through verified environmental credentials.
Imvelo can assist your business to design, build and maintain an energy management system that is bespoke to your organisation and delivers the right results for your business.