“Imvelo continue to supply an excellent and timely service on Compliance Obligations updates. They also show a good knowledge in relation to all other enquires regarding environmental legislation.”
Henry Williams Ltd
Environmental Law and Compliance
There are currently over 200 pieces of environmental law currently in place in the U.K – and that number is growing.
This is due to increased public and governmental awareness of the environmental impacts associated with business and industry, through visible climate change and extreme weather events. Therefore, there is a greater requirement on organisations to prevent the impacts associated with waste, energy, and pollution.
Imvelo are experienced in environmental law and its application to business. We will ensure that your business not only meets the requirements of applicable environmental laws and other regulations, but assist in identifying opportunities to exceed compliance and aim for best practice where possible.
Our legal compliance services include:
- Drafting a register of environmental legislation in line with the requirements of ISO 14001
- Maintaining a register of environmental legislation, including interpreting environmental legislation and advising on how it applies to your organisation
- Environmental compliance auditing
- Legal compliance training
Our most popular service package provides quarterly legal register update services, alongside a bi-annual legal compliance audit to ensure regular checking on the status of your organisations compliance. Contact us to discuss your legal requirements
We will assist in ensuring compliance with the following legislation, as relevant to your business processes:
- Environmental Permitting Regulations
- Waste Management Legislation and Duty of Care
- Water Pollution Legislation
- Producer Responsibility Legislation, including Packaging and WEEE
- Dangerous Substances Legislation, including REACH and COSHH
- Oil Storage Regulations
- Clean Air Act
- Statutory Nuisance
- Contaminated Land Legislation
- Protected Species and Habitat Legislation
- Planning Law